Nancy is a tax partner in BLG’s Calgary office, as well as the National and Regional Leader of the Private Client Group.
She works exclusively in estate/tax planning, estates, estate and fiduciary litigation and mediation of trust and estate disputes. She has extensive experience preparing all documentation required for the administration and probate of estates and applications for dependants, as well as in drafting domestic and international wills, enduring powers of attorney, personal directives, and trusts.
Nancy has extensive experience with:
- pre-trial applications;
- trial and appellant work in estate and fiduciary litigation;
- acting on behalf of trustees, administrators, executors and beneficiaries, attorneys and agents relating to the interpretation and validity of wills and trust agreements;
- creditor claims against estates;
- breach of trust allegations;
- removal and replacement of executors;
- executors’ compensation;
- disputes among beneficiaries;
- applications to vary wills and trusts;
- enduring power of attorney for financial and health care; and
- disputes and accounting applications.