Barbora advises public and private clients on environmental matters, including civil claims and regulatory proceedings. She also assists with environmental aspects of complex international and Canada-wide corporate transactions involving clients in heavy industry and manufacturing, as well as environmental matters pertaining to real estate transactions.
Barbora has appeared before the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (formerly the Ontario Municipal Board) and the Environmental Review Tribunal, and assists with litigation files before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, including mediations of complex environmental contamination matters.
Prior to joining BLG, she acted as counsel for the Canadian Environmental Law Association.
- Advised private sector client on greenhouse gas emissions regulatory compliance matters.
- Assisted private sector clients with regulatory matters before the Technical Standards and Safety Authority.
- Conducted witness examinations before a tribunal, and assisted with preparing expert witnesses in land use and environmental matters.
- Advocated on behalf of public interest clients before a committee of the Ontario legislature.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Chair of the Volunteer Board of Directors, Institute for a Resource-Based Economy
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2016
- JD, Dalhousie University, 2014
- BES (Hons.), York University, 2010