Elisa Henry co-leads the firm's Privacy and Data Protection practice group and is Montreal Regional Leader of the firm's Technology Law Group. She is a recognized expert in privacy and technology law and advises multinational and Canadian companies on strategic issues related to compliance with Canadian and European (GDPR) law requirements, big data and AI projects, anti-spam and data breaches.
Elisa also assists clients with technology transactions and valorisation, including in the context of M&A, research projects, outsourcing and licensing agreements.
She speaks regularly at international conferences and is the author of several publications on the topic of privacy and technology, including managing Privacy in a Connected World (Lexis Nexis Canada, 2020) and Practical guide to e-commerce and Internet law (LexisNexis Canada, 2015), which she co-authored with Éloïse Gratton. Elisa is an officer of the Technology Law Committee of the International Bar Association and an Member of the Canadian Advisory Board of the International Association of Privacy Professionals. She is recognized internationally by her peers and clients as a leader in privacy and IT law as well as by major directories, including Chambers and Who's Who Legal.
- Advises Canadian and American companies with respect to GDPR compliance.
- Assists several IT service providers with the drafting and negotiation of service and support contracts.
- Assists Doctors without Borders with building international research consortia (pro bono).
- Advises various Canadian and international entities on compliance with Canada’s privacy and data security law (strategic counsel, data mapping, risk analysis, policies, procedures, contracts and training).
- Advises a Canadian SaaS provider with respect to commercial contracts (MSA, SLA and ancillary agreements) and privacy compliance.
- Advises an aviation connectivity service provider regarding data protection.
- Advises an international payment solutions provider regarding the acquisition of a Canadian entity processing personal data on a large scale.
- Advises an international electric battery manufacturer regarding international supply agreements and patent licensing.
- Advises an international digital advertising and marketing solutions provider with respect to its establishment in Canada, privacy and commercial law matters.
Beyond Our Walls
- Officer, Technology Law Committee, International Bar Association
- Member, ITECHLaw
- Member, CAN-TECH
- Member, Canadian Advisory Board of the International Association of Privacy Practitioners
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2021 edition of Chambers Canada (Privacy and Data Protection)
- Recognized in the 2021 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Privacy and Data Security Law)
- Recognized in the 2020 and 2019 editions of Who's Who Legal (Data Security, Data Privacy and Protection, Information Technology)
- Recognized in the 2019 edition of Who’s Who Legal Canada (Data)
- Recognized in the 2019 and 2018 editions of Who's Who Legal: Canada (Data)
- Recognized in the 2017 edition of Leaders League (Highly Recommended Lawyer for IT-Outsourcing)
Bar Admission & Education
- Québec, 2011
- Paris, 2002
- CIPP/E Certification,
- LLM, McGill University, 2000
- DEA in Private International Law, University Paris II (Assas), 1998
- LLM, Université Paris XI (Sceaux), 1997
- LLL, Université Paris XI (Sceaux), 1996