Laurie is dedicated to providing exceptional service to BLG’s professionals and clients. She draws from more than 25 years of legal experience, with over 15 years as a law clerk in the area of commercial real estate. As a senior member of the firm’s commercial real estate team, she supports professionals in a broad range of transactions, with a particular emphasis on financings for both borrowers and lenders in Ottawa and across Ontario.
Laurie's responsibilities include:
- reviewing and summarizing title searches
- reviewing surveys/reference plans
- conducting real property and corporate due diligence
- drafting requisitions on title
- document preparation
- assisting in closing transactions
- preparing preliminary and final reports
- compiling transaction books
Laurie is familiar with the Registry, Land Titles and Polaris systems of title searching and registration in both paper-based and electronic land registration systems.