Paul focuses on corporate and securities law, including mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance. He advises clients regarding:
- underwriters and issuers in various types of financings by public offering and private placement
- buyers, sellers, boards and special committees of directors, investment banks and other financial advisors in relation to mergers and acquisitions, including take-over bids and plans of arrangement
- joint ventures and structuring of investments, including cross-border structures, limited partnerships, trusts and other investment vehicles
- general securities law matters, including disclosure and reporting
- general corporate and commercial law, including contracts and corporate governance
Paul has industry experience in REITs and other income trusts, seniors housing, mining and infrastructure, healthcare (including pharma and biotech) and in acting for private equity investors.
Within BLG, Paul is leader of the firm's Public M&A Group.