Laleh is responsible for promoting and implementing BLG’s diversity and inclusion strategy across the national firm.
She was the first executive among Canadian law firms to hold a position dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. She has implemented numerous initiatives to attract and retain diverse talent and to support their inclusion.
Laleh began her legal career at BLG as a litigator specializing in health law.
Beyond our Walls
- • Member, Canadian Bar Association
- • Member, National Association of Law Placement
- • Member, Professional Development Consortium
- • Member, American Law Firm Diversity Professionals
Awards & Recognitions
- Received the Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion’s Diversity and Inclusion Practitioner of the Year, 2017
- Received the University of Toronto’s Arbor Award for outstanding voluntary service to the University of Toronto, 2003
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 1994
- LLB, University of Toronto, 1992
- BA, cum laude, Williams College, 1987
- Workplace Mental Health Leadership Certificate
- Mental Health First Aid – Certificate of Participation
- LGBT Workplace Inclusion Certificate
- Associate Diversity Coach – Certified by the Coach Diversity Institute