Chris' practice encompasses complex commercial litigation and high-profile administrative matters. She has particular expertise in litigating commercial contract dispute and advising on and managing defamation matters. Chris acts as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants. Her clients include private individuals and corporations in finance, energy and health.
From 2009-10, Chris served as a law clerk to the Chief Justice of Ontario, the Honourable Warren Winkler, and to Justices James MacPherson and David Watt of the Court of Appeal for Ontario. She has appeared at all levels of court in Ontario.
- Senior Counsel to the Honourable Louise Arbour, appointed to review sexual harassment and sexual misconduct in the Canadian Armed Forces and Department of National Defence.
- Counsel for Amazon in an unpaid wages and overtime class claim.
- Presenting counsel before the Ontario Judicial Council concerning a complaint about the conduct of the Honourable Justice Donald McLeod.
- Counsel for the Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, including before the federal court in Aryeh-Bain v. Attorney General of Canada.
- Counsel for Japan Tobacco International (JTI) and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco International in a healthcare costs recovery dispute with the Ontario government.
- Counsel before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice in numerous contract-based disputes, including shareholder disputes and oppression applications, and disputes involving allegations of economic harm, negligence and defamation.
- Advisory counsel to private and public health stakeholders, as well as public education institutions.
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, The Advocates' Society
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Ontario
- Duty counsel, Law Help Ontario
- Volunteer, Refugee Sponsorship Support Program
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2022 edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Litigation - Corporate Commercial)
- Recognized in the 2021 and 2022 editions of The Best Lawyers in Canada (Corporate and Commercial Litigation)
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 2010
- LLB, Dalhousie University, 2009
- M.Sc., Queen's University, 2004
- B.Sc. (Hons.), Queen's University, 2002