Decades of specialized experience representing a broad range of institutional clients in the financial services and capital markets industries, such as Canadian and foreign banks, insurance companies, underwriters, investment dealers, exempt market dealers, and public and private issuers including investment fund managers.
Laura also represents:
- individual professionals such as Chief Compliance Officers, Chief Executive Officers and Ultimate Designated Persons, research analysts, investment bankers, institutional traders, portfolio managers, investment and mutual fund advisors
- Boards of Directors and/or their Special Committees
Laura’s practice is focused on the defence of high stakes, sensitive regulatory/white collar investigations, and proceedings and lawsuits brought against clients in respect of a wide spectrum of alleged securities law related breaches and professional negligence claims involving:
- initial public offerings, secondary offerings and private placements in respect of allegations and issues related to disclosure, risk assessments, financial statements, and projections, accounting and audit functions and corporate governance
- insider trading/tipping
- sales incentives and other ‘soft dollar’ issues
- director’s and officer’s liability
- contested transactions
Laura regularly represents clients in the defence of lawsuits before trial and appellate courts and investigations conducted or proceedings brought by provincial securities commissions, the Investment Industry Regulatory Organization of Canada, the Mutual Fund Dealers Association of Canada, the Crown and federal criminal authorities.
Within BLG, Laura is the regional co-leader of our Securities Litigation & Regulatory Group.