As a member of the Disputes Group, Chantal is engaged in a wide range of complex matters with a focus on construction litigation.
Chantal assists with:
- Drafting pleadings, various motions, supporting affidavits and costs outlines
- Preparing files for examination for discovery, including preparation of discovery plans, Affidavit of Documents and Scott Schedules
- Preparing lists of undertakings, advisements and refusals following examinations for discovery
- Preparing files for trial, including scheduling issues, liaising with counsel and court, communications with experts, summoning and preparing witnesses, preparing pre-trial briefs, notices, documents and issue briefs and trial preparation
- Obtaining and enforcing judgments, including preparing and filing writs of seizure and sale, garnishments and examination in aid of execution
- Overseeing and managing large, complex, technologically dependent litigation files
- Liaising with clients, counsel and courts
Chantal has been working in civil litigation since 2013, with a focus on construction litigation. She joined BLG in 2021.