Elizabeth focuses on personal injury civil litigation with an emphasis on municipal liability defence and insurance defence. She has almost 30 years of litigation experience, assisting both insurance companies and plaintiffs.
She has extensive experience handling municipal and police liability defences, motor vehicle accidents, slip and falls, occupiers' liability matters, and estate litigation.
Elizabeth's primary responsibilities include:
- generally overseeing all aspects of files
- drafting pleadings
- reviewing, analyzing and summarizing evidentiary materials
- preparing affidavit of documents, motion materials, mediation and pre-trial memoranda, bills of costs/Costs Outlines, and various assorted court documents
- extensive trail preparation, including liaising with witnesses and preparation of appropriate Evidence Act notices
- liaising with insurance adjusters, defence experts, investigators, counsel and court personnel
- organizing and managing files through to their resolution
Elizabeth is a Commissioner of Oaths.