Robert advises clients in a wide range of commercial law matters, focusing on finding cost-effective and practical solutions to their business issues.
He practises in the areas of financial services, commercial real estate and foreclosure law. Robert has a broad range of experience with insolvency and foreclosure matters, commercial mortgages and security documents.
- Negotiating and drafting commitment letters, commercial real estate contracts, leases and other contracts.
- Drafting a broad range of documentation including mortgages, debentures, general security agreements and all other security documentation required in commercial financing transactions.
- Negotiating and drafting all types of commercial real estate matters, including purchases and financing of shopping centres, apartment buildings, offices and industrial buildings, and a variety of other commercial properties.
- Handling all types of asset-based lending transactions.
- Handling a broad range of foreclosure and insolvency matters, including negotiating restructuring matters and all other requirements with respect to realization on security.
- Acting for a number of financial institutions with respect to their various legal requirements.
Beyond our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Southern Alberta Commercial Real Estate and Foreclosure Subsections
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Instructor, Bar Admission Course (Commercial Real Estate)
- Has participated in various community/fund-raising events, including BLG’s United Way Campaign and BLG's Reads to Kids Program.
Bar Admission & Education
- Alberta, 1980
- LLB, University of Calgary, 1979
- B.Comm., University of Alberta, 1976