Open Date June 15, 2021
Close Date July 2 , 2021
The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Practice Billing Coordinator.
Purpose of the Role
The Practice Billing Coordinator will be expected to efficiently process pre-bills and final billings for the assigned Practice Group(s).
- Final billings on a monthly/quarterly or on-request basis, including:
- Process and edit pre-bills
- Input changes to pre-bills in CMS
- Finalize and post pre-bills
- Prepare final bills for lawyer’s approval
- Submit final bills to clients or process by E-billing team
- Transfer time/disbursements according to lawyers' instructions and Firm guidelines and billing procedures
- Proactively monitor and review billing system to ensure that client data is kept current and accurate
- Train new Practice Assistant hires on billing process and procedures
- Provide backup to other Practice Group Billing Coordinators as required
- Assist Timekeepers and Practice Assistants in designated Practice Group(s) with filing requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 education with post-secondary education or combination of education and experience
- Experience in a law firm or professional services environment, in a finance / billing related role
- Understanding of accounting theory
- Proficient understanding of E-billing technical requirements and processes, and the billing process
- Ability to work as a team member under minimal supervision
- Good organization skills and ability to work under time pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in oral and written bilingualism (French and English) considered an asset
- Available to work overtime to meet month end and year end deadlines
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.