The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Analyst, Finance.
Purpose of the Role
The Analyst, Finance will be expected to deliver efficient assistance with complex reconciliations, assist in the preparation of various financial statements, and provide financial administrative support. The Analyst, Finance will assist with other projects as assigned by the Senior Manager, Finance.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Prepare and analyze daily complex bank / account reconciliations creating and improving the process
- Liaise with Finance and other team members to identify reconciling items
- Proactive data mining to find exceptions, opportunities, risks
- Adhoc projects
- Prepare Financial Statements
- Analyze financial statement (income statement and balance sheet)
- Prepare year end documents and cut off analysis as required
- Other month end tasks as required
- Minimum of two years experience preparing and analyzing bank reconciliations in Finance
- Strong technical skills with advanced Excel skills, knowledge of CMS software, SQL or database experience an asset
- University Degree or Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration, Commerce, Economics or a related field
- Working towards a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA; CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA)
- Law firm or Professional Services firm experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial reports and analysis
- Strong business acumen and analytical abilities, with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to take direction, work independently or as a team player, set priorities and meet timelines while maintaining flexibility
How to Apply*
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
At BLG only those BLG members who are fully vaccinated against COVD-19 with a vaccine approved by Health Canada will be permitted to attend a BLG office or event. “Fully vaccinated” means having received the full series (usually 2 doses) of a vaccine approved by Health Canada, with more than 14 days having passed since the second dose was administered. “Attending a BLG office” includes attending social or business gatherings organized by the Firm, with limits on the number of attendees in accordance with public health guidelines. With respect to client meetings, only fully vaccinated members of the Firm can meet in person with clients (others can attend virtually), unless prior authorization has been obtained from BLG and the client. For any BLG member who is not fully vaccinated, and if the Firm requires your attendance in the office to perform your role, you must take a rapid antigen test conducted within the 24 hours prior to your coming to the office, and you must show proof of a negative test result. A new test is required for each day you are physically in the office. Accommodations will be made for valid medical and religious reasons.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.