The Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), Canada’s leading, innovative and client-focused law firm, is seeking a Junior Patent Agent - Biotechnology.
Intellectual Property (IP) is one of the core practice areas at BLG, and our clients enjoy the benefits of specialized IP services provided on an integrated full service platform. Many of our IP Lawyers, Trademark Agents, and Patent Agents are consistently ranked as leading practitioners in international publications, and our national IP group offers expertise in the protection, enforcement, and commercialization of IP. BLG boasts a diverse client base, spanning all industry sectors including some of the most innovative domestic and international companies.
We are looking for:
- A Junior Patent Agent who will primarily assist in drafting patent specifications for our clients’ inventions and prosecuting patent applications in Canada and abroad, working with agents in other jurisdictions. The candidate must have a PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, immunology, or a related area of research. Post-doctoral or industry experience will be considered an asset.
- The candidate must possess:
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal,
- an eye for detail,
- interpersonal skills for collaborative work with colleagues and the firm’s clients, and
- time management and organizational skills.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies and treat everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.