Close Date August 6, 2021
The Toronto office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), Canada’s leading, innovative and client-focused law firm, is seeking: Associate(s) – Corporate Commercial, Energy.
We are looking for
- 3 – 6 year Associate(s) with experience in private mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, the formation and maintenance of partnerships, joint ventures, strategic alliances and other commercial arrangements
- This position offers the opportunity for a full practice with a focus on a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including advising on structuring transactions and providing advice on legal and business issues
- The candidate will have an opportunity to work with a group of professionals with extensive in-depth industry experience who provide clients with pragmatic and innovative solutions
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong analytical, personal, oral and written communication skills
- Previous corporate and commercial experience with energy and infrastructure projects and transactions involving Indigenous groups would be considered an asset
How to apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.