You have the knowledge, now experience the momentum with BLG. The Calgary office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Disputes Paralegal.
Purpose of the Role
You will be a key member of the Construction legal team working closely with lawyers and legal support staff to provide the highest level of service to our clients, while having the opportunity to cultivate your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Right from the start, you will have access to exceptional opportunities, hone your legal mind and tailor your career path in order to reach your full potential. This is the firm where your passion, innovation, and drive for excellence can shine through.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- You will actively participate as a contributing member of the legal team to manage matters and provide excellent client service
- You will assist with identifying Paralegal tasks and proactively offering solutions to drive efficiencies in the Practice Group through utilization of the Paralegal role
- In addition to being responsible for daily file management, you will assist the Firm’s lawyers with performing land title searches, managing limitation periods, drafting and maintaining electronic briefs, document production and the questioning process, drafting other court documents and preparing for hearings and trials
- The work that you will do here is exciting and challenging and the circumstances are often demanding. Collaboration, teamwork and unwavering commitment to excellence are the order of the day, every day
- Knowledge and understanding of the Alberta Rules of Court and the litigation process required
- Community College or Legal Assistant Diploma is an asset
- Relevant working experience as a legal assistant or paralegal
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent ability to take direction and work independently
- Highly organized with time management skills
- Familiarity with Relativity an asset
- Knowledge of iManage, ACL, Kofax PDF, Adobe Pro, Word, Excel and Outlook
- A team player with a strong work ethic and a desire for continuous improvement
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.