Open Date: September 28, 2021
Close Date: October 29, 2021
Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Securities Law Clerk.
Purpose of the Role
You have the knowledge; now experience the momentum with BLG. BLG is looking for a Securities Law Clerk to work with the Investment Management Team in our Toronto office.
You will be a key member of the legal team working to provide the highest level of client service while having the opportunity to cultivate and share your skills as part of a dynamic and successful national team.
Key Responsibilities and Competencies
The ideal candidate has a minimum of 8+ years experience in preparing and finalizing investment fund documents, securities registrations, exchange listings (including obtaining CUSIP numbers) and insider reports and filing them on SEDAR, NRD and SEDI, has a solid knowledge of securities legislation and exchange listing requirements, is able to quickly learn new technology and adapt to change, and has excellent client service, organizational skills and attention to detail. Proficiency with Excel, Closing Folders, electronic signature software will be a plus.
You will have a strong work ethic, possess a mind-set of continuous improvement, and are a self-starter in a fast-paced environment. Right from the start, you will:
- Draft prospectus filing documents for investment fund issuers
- Prepare applications for securities registration and amendments to registration on behalf of securities registrants
- Work independently with clients and BLG lawyers to effect filings
- Deal directly with securities regulators across Canada, including the OSC, as well as exchanges such as the TSX and NEO
- Commit to working with the team to ensure continuous fund filings are made within applicable deadlines, during high volume time periods
- Work as member of a collaborative team to mentor and share your corporate knowledge with students, associates and junior law clerks.
This is the firm where your passion, innovation, and drive for excellence can shine through.
Come experience the momentum of BLG.
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
*Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.