This blog is authored by members of BLG's Oil and Gas Focus Group.
We follow new and interesting legal issues as they emerge in the energy area. The wide range of direct and extensive energy experience held by our contributors lends itself to a diverse and insightful examination of current legal trends and topics. Our experience not only provides a source of valuable information and insight, but also assists in finding solutions to legal issues that arise in this dynamic and rapidly evolving area.
Topics posted in December 2015 include:
- 60 day Bid, 120 day Pill, 90 day Decision... the Wisdom of Solomon or a Sign of Things to Come...
- Stewart Estate v TAQA North Ltd. : Three Alberta Court of Appeal Justices Weigh in on Critical Oil and Gas Lease Issues
- Court of Appeal Affirms Polluter Pays Principle is Paramount
- Court Refuses to Hear Corporate-Veil Case
- Highly anticipated Supreme Court Decision in Securities Class Action Trilogy Released
- The Speech from the Throne
- Significant Legislative Reform?
- Alberta Court of Appeal Dismisses First Nation Applications for Permission to Appeal AER Decisions
- The Implied Undertaking does not Preclude Production of Records Provided to a Regulator
- Civil Right to Compensation for Spills under Section 99(2) of Environmental Protection Act Clarified
- Limits of Relief for Lessors under the Surface Rights Act when an Operator has been Assigned into Bankruptcy
- Summary Dismissal Available On Causation Issues In Environmental Contamination Case
We welcome you to The Resource : BLG Energy Law Blog and encourage you to contact any of our contributors about their posts or in learning more about how BLG can serve your legal needs.