This blog is authored by members of BLG's Oil and Gas Focus Group.
We follow new and interesting legal issues as they emerge in the energy area. The wide range of direct and extensive energy experience held by our contributors lends itself to a diverse and insightful examination of current legal trends and topics. Our experience not only provides a source of valuable information and insight, but also assists in finding solutions to legal issues that arise in this dynamic and rapidly evolving area.
Topics posted in June 2016 include:
- Canada's Environmental Assessment Process Review Adds Uncertainty For Approvals
- Alberta Court of Queen's Bench Clarifies the Test for Extending a Limitation Period for an Environmental Contamination Claim
- The Alberta Energy Regulator Reacts to the Redwater Decision — Who Suffers?
- Will a carbon levy make Alberta less competitive? The devil's in the details
- Alberta Court Upholds Distinction between Enforceability of Restrictive Covenants in Commercial vs Employment Context
- UPDATE: Stewart Estate v Taqa North Ltd
- Alberta Carbon Levy — Legislation Tabled
We welcome you to The Resource: BLG Energy Law Blog and encourage you to contact any of our contributors about their posts or in learning more about how BLG can serve your legal needs.