Nous sommes désolés. Le contenu de cette page n'est présentement disponible qu'en anglais.
Adrian's practice focuses on contentious intellectual property litigation, especially patent litigation and actions under the Patented Medicines (NOC) Regulations.
Adrian acts and advises on copyright and trademark law and he has experience in conducting judicial reviews of administrative decisions made by the government.
He also advises clients with respect to data protection, listing patents on the Patent Register and reporting to the Patented Medicines Prices Review Board.
Adrian has appeared before the Federal Court of Appeal, the Federal Court, and the Ontario Superior Court.
- Appeared before the Federal Court, the Federal Court of Appeal and the Ontario Superior Court.
- Acted as counsel in patent infringement and impeachment actions.
- Acted as counsel for innovative companies in proceedings pursuant to the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations, Canada’s patent linkage regulations.
- Acted as counsel for innovative companies defending against allegations of section 8 damages.
- Acted as counsel on judicial reviews of decisions made by the Minister of Health and the Commissioner of Patents.
- Advising clients on patent issues relating to listing patents on the Patent Register and reporting requirements for the Patented Medicines Prices Review Board (PMPRB).
- Acted as counsel in contentious copyright disputes.
- Drafting freedom-to-operate, infringement and validity opinions.
Beyond our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Associate, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC)
Bar Admission & Education
Registered Trademark Agent, 2014
Université d'Ottawa, 2009
Brock University, 1998