Nous sommes désolés. Le contenu de cette page n'est présentement disponible qu'en anglais.
Robert practises in the area of labour relations and employment law. He advises private and public-sector employers on:
- wrongful dismissal actions
- restraint of trade injunctions
- labour arbitrations
- certifications and unfair labour practice applications
- human rights
- the treatment of employees in corporate transactions
- interest arbitrations under the Hospital Labour Disputes Arbitration Act
Robert regularly appears before courts and administrative tribunals, including the Ontario Superior Court, the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario and the Ontario Labour Relations Board.
Robert is a member of the firm's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiative.
- Unantenne v. Hospital for Sick Children, June 21, 2012 HRTO 1222 (HRTO).
- The Scarborough Hospital v. OPSEU, Local 581, February 3, 2012 Can LII 5405 (ON LA).
- The Scarborough Hospital v. OPSEU Local 581, April 5, 2011 (Interest Arbitration Award Under the Hospital Labour Disputes Arbitration Act).
- The Scarborough Hospital v. Ontario Nurses Association, February 2, 2010 CanLII 6546 (ON LA).
- Sawyer v. Loblaws, 2011 ONSC 7251 (Ontario Superior Court)
- Planit Search Inc. v Mann and Grady Management Group Inc. et al 2013 ONSC 6847 (Ontario Superior Court)
- The Building Union of Canada v Brookfield Multiplex Construction Limited 2015 OLRB Case No. 0759-14-R (OLRB)
- Gholami v. The Hospital for Sick Children et al, 2017 ONSC 1200 and 2018 ONCA 783 (Ontario Superior Court and Ontario Court of Appeal)
Beyond our Walls
- Committee member, BLG Tower Power Campaign (five year campaign to raise $500,000 for the Hospital for Sick Children's Research Tower)
Awards & Recognitions
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2024 and 2022 edition (and since 2014) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® (Labour and Employment Law).
Bar Admission & Education
Université Dalhousie, 1996
Université de Toronto, 1986