Canada and the United States have witnessed an explosion of class action lawsuits in recent times. Disruptions caused by COVID-19 have resulted in a multitude of claims across a wide variety of businesses and sectors. At BLG, we understand that these lawsuits present an unprecedented challenge to companies and organizations, and we remain committed to keeping you as informed as possible.BLG's virtual 2020 Class Actions update provided an insightful and informative virtual session featuring discussions on recent developments and trends in class actions today.
- Amendments to the Class Action Proceedings Act and a comparison to the U.S. certification test
- Amendments to B.C.'s Class Proceedings Act
- A review of recent developments in multi-jurisdictional coordination
- A review of the Supreme Court of Canada’s decision in Atlantic Lottery and what it means for future cases
- Update on COVID-19-related class actions