BLG has one of the most active mining M&A practices in Canada and was ranked No. 1 Canadian and global law firm by deal value in 2018 for the metals and mining industry (Global Data). We have acted for and advised domestic and international mining companies of all sizes, specialties and stages of development for over a century.
We provide the technical expertise to achieve our clients’ operational and strategic goals throughout the mining life cycle—from grassroots exploration to mining development, operation and closure.
Our team offers expertise in:
- solicited and unsolicited M&A transactions
- joint ventures and strategic alliances
- finance and capital markets
- high-stakes litigation
- shareholder disputes
- domestic and international arbitration and mediation
- regulatory compliance and investigations
- regulatory and environmental compliance
- project finance
- labour and employment disputes
- Indigenous relationship negotiations