We have more than 40 professionals in our China Group, many who speak Mandarin or Cantonese.
We help Chinese clients with mergers and acquisitions transactions relating to:
- mining and energy projects
- public company takeover bids
- acquisitions of private companies
- minority investments in public companies
- joint ventures
We also give advice on:
- due diligence
- environmental requirements
- Indigenous matters
- foreign investment approval
- intellectual property
For Canadian companies who want to do business in China, we have more than two decades experience helping clients get established overseas.
With a representative office in Beijing, we’ve built a network of trusted Chinese law firms and associated service providers to help bring our clients’ products and services to market.
Included in this network are bilateral trade and investment associations, such as:
- the Canada China Business Council
- the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
- the Hong Kong-Canada Business Association