For Canadian businesses setting up in Korea, or Korean businesses moving to Canada, there are many rules and regulations. An experienced firm with a deep understanding of them is what you need to ensure a smooth transition.
Our Korea Group is made up of native Korean-speaking lawyers and others who serve Canadian and Korean companies. The group has the knowledge and experience to help you understand the legal and regulatory aspects of doing business in Korea.
The group has expertise in international trade laws as they apply to:
- negotiating and drafting international trade agreements, manufacturing agreements and construction contracts
- setting up new businesses and foreign-invested enterprises, wholly foreign-owned enterprises, joint ventures, partnerships, limited partnerships and corporations
- all aspects of commercial transactions
- international finance centres, international maritime centres and captive insurance
Our Korea Group has:
- acted for a major Korean corporation to develop a significant energy infrastructure and export project
- acted for an international game development company regarding intellectual property infringement
- assisted a leading Korean law firm in representing their clients in Canada with respect to numerous issues, including mergers and acquisitions activity and litigation
- assisted a major Korean petroleum company in potentially acquiring a Newfoundland petroleum plant
Members of the Korea Group work closely with lawyers in other areas, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- capital markets
- oil and gas
- employment and litigation
We can quickly assemble teams to handle complex commercial transactions, such as resort development, distribution and agency arrangements, franchises, and international initial public offerings. We also provide international dispute resolution assistance related to commercial and intellectual property issues.