Natasha’s practice is exclusively in tax law. This includes:
- private company reorganizations
- mergers and acquisitions
- international tax and trust planning
- tax advice on corporate and personal, life and critical illness, domestic and international insurance
- tax advice and structuring for non-resident corporations establishing new businesses or with ongoing businesses in Canada
- advice for companies with employees or contractors in Canada temporarily or permanently
- advice on employee tax benefits for public and private organizations
- professional corporations tax planning while practicing and for retirement
- Islamic financing and related tax issues
- emigration advice including structuring and relocating
- wealth management
- tax litigation and assessment audits and disputes
- voluntary disclosures (tax amnesty or tax pardons)
While Natasha’s practice is primarily focussed on tax planning, she also has a significant tax disputes practice. Natasha has represented clients in tax disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency and the Ministry of Finance (Ontario). She has also appeared at the Tax Court of Canada, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Federal Court of Appeal on income tax, GST, PST, land transfer tax, capital tax, CPP and EI matters.
Prior to law school, Natasha worked as a consultant with an international consulting firm where she focused on corporate strategy and technology.
Natasha provides legal services through a Law Corporation.