Vanessa is a PhD chemist and registered Canadian patent agent. Her practice focuses on drafting and prosecuting patent applications in the fields of industrial and green chemistry, and developing IP strategies necessary to support the same. Vanessa is recognized for her tendency to dive deeply into the detail of each technology that she is entrusted with.
Vanessa has proficiencies in protecting:
- Chemical processes and compositions (including industrial, mining, and agricultural processes and compositions);
- Food compositions (and methods of making the same);
- Battery and battery recycling technologies;
- Coatings and paints;
- Polymers and foams;
- Carbon-capture technologies;
- Oil and gas technologies;
- and more.
Prior to BLG, Vanessa worked as a patent specialist for a not-for-profit organization committed to the development and commercialization of green(er) chemical technologies. She interfaced with internal members and external counsel to manage the patent portfolio of the not-for-profit organization and its clients.