Join us for a close-up look at current developments and legal trends impacting the transportation sector today. This update will be delivered by leading professionals at the vanguard of emerging technologies in transportation live via videoconference to all of our offices in Toronto, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver and Calgary.
Topics will include:
- Emerging technologies, the changing regulatory framework, and resulting challenges for the rail & intermodal markets — Andrew Fuller, Assistant Vice President, CN Railway (Guest Speaker).
- Cross-Canada and U.S. update — the current state of development of autonomous trucking and regulations in Canada and the U.S.
- Panel: Regulatory, insurance, and employment challenges for the new “Gig and Sharing Economy” — perspectives from counsel from both sides of the border, insurers, and ride-sharing sector — Linda DeSouza, Director of Automobile and Transportation, Zurich Canada (Guest Speaker) and Kelly Kwan, Senior Counsel, Uber Canada (Guest Speaker).
- Financing challenges for transportation disrupters — perspectives from transport finance professionals.
We hope you are able to join us.
TORONTO, MONTRÉAL and OTTAWA
- Registration: 2 pm – 2:30 pm
- Seminar: 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Reception: 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
- Registration: 12 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Seminar: 12:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. (Lunch will be provided)
- Registration: 11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Seminar: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Lunch will be provided)
Please respond by April 1, 2019 and select the city where you will attend when you RSVP.
- BC – This program is accredited for 2.0 hours. Course number: 20190410.
- ON – This program is eligible for up to 2.0 Substantive Hours.
- QC – This program is accredited for 2.0 hours (use activity code: 10017364).
If you have any questions about this event, please contact Cassie Forman at [email protected].