The evolving role of alternative legal service providers in the Canadian legal sector
Join us for a Canadian Legal Innovation Forum webinar on Alternative Legal Service Providers (ALSPs) and their growing role in the legal sector. BLG’s Chief Operating Officer, Rob Morris, and Chief Knowledge and Innovation Officer, Lisa Chamandy, will join industry experts to discuss the growing role of alternative legal service providers (ALSPs) in Canada’s legal sector.
For legal departments, cost, efficiency and flexibility from service providers are becoming increasingly important considerations. ALSPs are stepping up to meet these needs via enhanced, technology-enabled legal service delivery models.
ALSPs, which historically focused on routine legal tasks such as document review and compliance, are increasingly using technology to deliver higher-value legal work to clients. Our experts will discuss the types of ALSPs emerging in Canada’s legal market, including the recently-launched BLG Beyond, and the opportunities stemming from their increased importance.
- Rob Morris, Chief Operating Officer, Borden Ladner Gervais
- Paula Pepin, Founder/CEO, LexGO
- Jason van Dijk, Global Director Legal Services & Technology, Exigent Group
- Lisa Chamandy, Chief Knowledge and Innovation Officer, Borden Ladner Gervais
Chair: Zena Applebaum, National Director, Market Insights & Engagement, Thomson Reuters
- Law Society of Ontario: This program contains 1 hour of Professionalism Content.
- Law Society of BC: This program is accredited for 1 hour of CPD.