BLG is pleased to invite you to its 35th Annual Maritime Law Seminar. We look forward to welcoming you at this edition of the seminar where our panelists will discuss the most relevant topics affecting the Canadian and international shipping industry.
Please register by clicking the RSVP button below and completing the registration form by November 23.
We hope to see you there!
- Breakfast: 8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
- Presentations: 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Lunch: 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Contrasting Canadian and American approaches to personal injury and workplace injury.
- Moderator: Sarah Sweet, Senior Associate, Borden Ladner Gervais, Toronto
- Participants: Molly McCaffrey, Co-Global Claims Director, SDP, American Club, and Katherine Poirier, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais, Montréal
Net Zero for Shipping: A Uniform Approach?
- Moderator: Robin Squires, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais, Toronto
- Participants: Mark Keneford, Managing Director, Wartsila Canada, and David H. Cummins, President & CEO, Blue Sky Coalition
Changes to Spill Response and SOPF – New case law and amendments to Marine Liability Act.
- Moderator: Dionysios Rossi, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais, Vancouver
- Participants: Cameron Grant, Lead In-House Counsel, Ship Source Oil Pollution Fund and David Côté, Legal Counsel, Department of Justice Canada.
The Changing mandate of the Canadian Transportation Agency and other Canadian Legislative updates
- Participants: Caroline Morgan, Legal Counsel, Department of Justice Canada, and Jean-Marie Fontaine, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais, Montréal
Additional accommodation details
BLG has negotiated exclusive room rates at the William Gray Hotel of C$260 per room, per night, plus applicable taxes. Should you require accommodations, please make your reservation directly by clicking here no later than November 17. Please note preferred rate rooms are limited.
- Please note that this promotion is available only for the the night of November 30. Should you choose to add dates outside of this availability, prices may vary.
- For bookings before or after November 30, or if this promotion is no longer available, please email Sabrina Hoffer at [email protected] and mention our event.
Please respond by November 23. If you have any questions about this event, please send them to [email protected].
BC | Accreditation pending.
ON | Accreditation pending.
QC | Please note, the concept of "recognition" or "accreditation" has been abolished. By doing this, the Barreau is trying to make it easier for lawyers to claim mandatory CLE credits without a formal accreditation process. It is now up to individual lawyers to determine the eligibility of a training activity and to declare the hours in their "Dossier de formation en ligne".
NY | Accreditation pending.