The Calgary office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking a Coordinator, Clients and Markets.
Purpose of the Role
The Coordinator, Clients & Markets will be responsible for providing support in the business development needs of the Regional office and dedicated sector focuses to enable revenue growth for the Region, in alignment with the Firm’s strategic plan. The incumbent will work closely with and support the Director Regional Clients and Markets.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Assist in the development and the execution of the business development plan for the Calgary Market; work proactively to define and deliver a coordinated BD strategy, with consistency across regions;
- Identify opportunities to showcase thought leadership materials, to create profile and visibility for the Firm and improve rankings of our lawyers in the marketplace;
- Facilitate the achievement of business development plans and initiatives and ensure that regional initiatives and expenses are aligned with national plan;
- Execute collaborative initiatives with sector focus and proactively seek out business development opportunities with existing and potential clients;
- Support client service programs (development of client retention and growth strategies); stay informed of issues facing clients and relevant industry and sector challenges;
- Manage a selection of BD programs and regional client teams to retain and attract new business;
- Assist in the development and production of content and marketing collateral for business development initiatives including seminars, conferences, industry association and other opportunities to enhance BLG visibility;
- Assist with submissions for various legal directories, guides and lists and monitor the evaluation process in coordination with the group and the Director Regional Clients and Markets.
- Manage systems and processes to track, measure and report on return on results of BD initiatives and key client engagement;
- Support sponsorship programs and determine appropriate strategies to gain maximum marketing benefit for the firm;
- Support the Director Regional Clients and Markets with general administrative tasks including assistance with the planning and preparing of the BD budget and expenses for Region and NPG;
- Execute other business development projects as assigned;
- Other marketing and business development projects and duties as assigned
- Undergraduate education in, Business Administration, Marketing, or a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive business development or marketing experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix management environment
- Knowledge of financial reporting concepts and quantitative analysis methods
- In-depth understanding of legal and business environments
- Strong executive presence and conduct, able to work with Senior Management of the Firm
- Experience implementing programs from concept to successful completion
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of business development and marketing
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking skills
- Strong project and time management skills and ability to manage a variety of concurrent projects
- Established knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and CRM
- Strong organization and teamwork skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with strong attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset
- Strong oral and enhanced written communication skills
- Availability to work overtime
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate. As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and if necessary implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available. If health measures require the reinstatement of the mandatory vaccination policy, Firm members are expected to be in compliance.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.
* Please note that relatives of current BLG employees and partners are not eligible for consideration.