The Ottawa office of Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG), a leading, innovative and client-focused law firm in Canada, is seeking an Administrator, Office Services (12 Month contract).
Purpose of the Role
The main duties of the Administrator, Mail Room & Reception are to handle the distribution of mail and to perform administrative tasks pertaining to a mailroom as well as provide primary back-up support to the Receptionist. The Administrator, Mail Room & Reception will be expected to provide exceptional service in both English (French is considered an asset) to external clients and internal stakeholders in-person, via telephone and through e-mail correspondence.
This is a one year contract opportunity and will require the successful candidate to work on-site Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
Mail Room & Copy Centre Duties
- Distribute mail
- Send faxes
- Respond to requests from employees and lawyers
- Responsible for end-of-day FedEx report and shipping
- Make photocopies
- Bind documents
- Scan documents
- Change toner and fix paper jams
- Replace Receptionist/Switchboard Operator as required
- Greet and direct clients with a friendly and welcoming demeanor
- Provide appropriate responses to callers’ inquiries as well as directing internal and external calls appropriately
- Keep reception area and boardrooms tidy at all times
- Responsible for creating and managing all boardroom bookings including seminars, internal functions, video conferences and client meetings
- Boardroom inspections and stocking
- Other office services, reception and catering related duties as required and other duties as assigned
- Support the Coordinator, Catering with the following:
- Boardroom/lounge preparations for meetings and events including food orders and presentation
- Tidying up after meetings and events
- Assist in coordinating the snack and afterhours meal program
- Ordering and distributing supplies to the coffee stations on each of the floors
- Fill in for the Coordinator, Catering during periods of absence
- A minimum of one year of experience in customer service, administration, or a related field
- Excellent oral and written communication in English (French is an asset)
- Flexibility, sound judgment and a can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient keyboarding skills and proficiency with Windows and MS Outlook and Word software
- Ability and comfort to be trained in and adhere to emergency response procedures
How to Apply
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Effective June 27, 2022, BLG has suspended its current vaccine policy mandate, As the pandemic is not over, the safety of Firm members and the BLG community remains our top priority. Given the ever-evolving nature of the situation, we will continue to closely monitor health conditions and if necessary implement new measures to protect Firm members. While is it not a condition of employment, we would appreciate reviewing your most recent proof of vaccine if available.
Everyone at BLG is required to carry out the duties of their role while upholding the important principles of our respectful workplace policies, and treating everyone with respect, regardless of position. At BLG, valuing diversity and inclusion is key to a respectful workplace.
BLG is committed to building and fostering a workplace that is reflective of our communities, where all firm members feel included, valued, and heard. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but acknowledge the systemic and structural barriers that have, historically, marginalized and barred certain groups from accessing employment opportunities. As part of our commitment to removing barriers to employment, we strongly encourage applications from members of these historically marginalized groups including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized individuals, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available, upon request, in all aspects of the recruitment process.