Mark specializes in commercial, regulatory and government relations components of electricity and natural gas markets and with respect to municipal & regional water infrastructure renewal and expansion.
Mark has served as counsel to a broad range of stakeholders for over 25 years, including:
- municipal, provincial and national governments
- large industrial, institutional and commercial energy consumers
- local distribution and transmission companies
- a diverse range of electricity generators
- energy retailers
- out-of-province electricity importers
- energy regulators
- natural gas utilities
- water utilities
- decarbonization mandates
Within BLG, Mark is the Toronto Regional Co-Chair of the Electricity Markets Group and Chair of BLG Water Law.
J. Mark provides legal services through a Law Corporation.