Julie is an associate in BLG’s Securities and Capital Markets Group, based in our Vancouver office. Her practice focuses on compliance matters, mining, general corporate matters, corporate governance, mergers & acquisitions and investment management.
Julie acts for public and private companies and underwriters in connection with mergers & acquisitions, initial public offerings, private placement transactions and corporate reorganizations. She also assists clients with disclosure obligations, including National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects.
- BIGG Digital Assets Inc., owner of Blockchain Intelligence Group, a leading developer of blockchain technology search, risk-scoring and data analytics solutions, on:
- its bought deal public offering for over $28 million;
- its bought deal public offering for over $13 million;
- its $6.9 million underwritten overnight marketed offering;
- its C$525,000 non-brokered private placement;
- its acquisition of the subsidiaries of Netcoins Holdings Inc.
- Acted for Rubicon Organics Inc. in its bought deal public offering for over $22 million.
- Northview Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust in its $4.9 billion sale to Starlight Group Property Holdings Inc. and KingSett Capital Inc.
- Acted for Pan American Silver Corp. in the integration and reorganization required following the $1.1 billion acquisition of Tahoe Resources Inc.
- Acted for Inpixon in its acquisition of Locality Systems Inc. and Jibestream, Inc.
- Acted for Carmanah Technologies Corporation in its sale of a significant portion of its assets to SPX Corporation for US$77 million.
- Acted for Northview Apartment REIT in the internal reorganization required to simplify its corporate structure from a tax and administrative perspective.
- Acted for the CEO and founder of Payfirma Corporation in his successful proxy fight to remove three directors from the board.
- Acted as the assistant secretary to the Special Committee of Eldorado Gold Corporation in connection with the sale of Chinese assets.
- Acted for Panoro Minerals Ltd. on a $140 million streaming transaction with Silver Wheaton (Caymans) Ltd.
- Acted for BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc. in its reverse takeover acquisition of Acana Capital Corp. and subsequent $17 million private placement financing.
- Acted for Azcuar Minerals Ltd. (formerly Almadex Minerals Limited) in its private placement with a subsidiary of Newcrest Mining Limited and concurrent spinout of various assets to Almadex Minerals Limited.
- Acted for Entree Gold Inc. in its spinout of certain mining projects and creation of Mason Resources Corp.
- Acted for Digital Domain in its acquisition of Immersive Ventures.
- Acted for Dolly Varden Silver Corporation in its successful defences against a hostile take-over bid by Hecla Mining Company and the completion of the first private placement in the face of a take-over bid under the then new rules set out in National Instrument 62 - 104 Take-Over Bids and Issuer Bids.
- Acted for a private Canadian technology in the spinout of a portion of its business and the sale of resulting entity to a Chinese company, achieved through a plan of arrangement.
- Acted for Pan American Silver Corp. on the sale of a royalty, stream and payment agreement portfolio to Maverix Metals Inc.
- Acted for Northern Property REIT (now Northview Apartment REIT) on Canada's largest multi-family real estate transaction, being the $305 million acquisition of True North Apartment REIT and the $535 million acquisition of a private multi-family portfolio from affiliates of Starlight Investments Ltd. and Public Sector Pension Investment Board.
- Acted for Almaden Minerals Ltd. in its spinout of royalty assets and creation of Almadex Minerals Limited.
- Acted for Lumina Copper Corp. on its $470-million acquisition by First Quantum Minerals Ltd.
- Acted for Canadian-based investment fund managers in connection with the continuous offering of retail investment funds in Canada.
- Acted for a number of issuers and underwriters in various brokered and non-brokered private placements.
Beyond Our Walls
- Co-founder, BLG Mentorship Circle Program
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Securities Law Subsection, Women Lawyers Forum
- Board member, Gathering Voices Society
Bar Admission & Education
- British Columbia, 2015
- JD, University of Calgary, 2014
- MBA, University of Calgary, 2014
- B.Sc., Kinesiology, University of Calgary, 2009