Jonathan is recognized as a leading practitioner in energy and utilities regulation. His practice focuses on representing proponents, owners/operators and users of energy and utility infrastructure before regulatory authorities and the courts.
He represents clients in relation to:
- utility tolls and tariffs
- performance-based rate regulation
- energy infrastructure permitting
- environmental assessment
- land use planning
- electricity generating and transmission facilities
Jonathan's clients include:
- owners of regulated electricity, water and wastewater facilities
- owners of power generating facilities
- energy transporters and shippers
- buyers and owners under power purchase arrangements
- regulated and unregulated retailers of electricity and natural gas services
- energy marketers
- energy importers/exporters
- developers of energy infrastructure
- vendors and purchasers of energy and utility infrastructure
Jonathan has broad experience working on projects requiring federal and provincial environmental assessments and wide-ranging public and First Nations consultation. He has represented energy and utility clients in disputes involving other industry participants.
Jonathan provides legal services through a Law Corporation.