As significant investments fuel new communities, redevelopments and amalgamations, the unprecedented growth in the industry has heightened the importance of due diligence in transactions, regulatory compliance and risk management.
Our multidisciplinary Senior Living & Housing Group assists operators with all aspects of their operations. We provide clients with practical solutions on issues that may arise from day-to-day operations, including:
- statutory compliance (including licensing, and policy review and implementation)
- regulatory inspections and investigations
- incident management and resident safety
- consent and capacity issues
- residential tenancy disputes
- civil claims
- human rights complaints
- labour and employment matters
We also possess expertise in assisting clients with transactions, including advice on:
- development of new homes including integrations with other property types such as condominiums or long-term care homes;
- negotiating agreements of purchase and sale for real estate for clients that regularly purchase or sell existing seniors housing in Canadian jurisdictions;
- commercial agreements and leasing with entities operating within seniors homes, such as pharmacies, eye-care and hearing-care businesses.
Our senior living and housing clients are industry leaders. Whether they are a multi-site operation or a single-site home, we share in our clients’ dedication to the people who live and work within their communities.