Presented by BLG LLP, Baker Tilly Ottawa LLP and RBC Royal Bank
Please join us for a virtual seminar from our team of Legal, Accounting and Banking (LAB) experts where they will provide you with a comprehensive update on the recent changes and issues affecting not-for-profit and charitable organizations during the recovery from the global pandemic. The 14th annual LAB webinar will be held virtually for the second year and at no cost.
Our speakers will discuss the following topics:
- Legal > Corporate considerations and the Ontario Not-for-Profit Corporations Act
- Employment > Acing the hiring process from A to Z and Top 5 current COVID issues for employers
- Accounting > How to make remote “work” – audit, accounting and tax perspectives
- Tax > Fundraising is hard, staying onside with the Income Tax Act is harder, and other tax updates
- Investment > Portfolio considerations within the current, prolonged low interest environment
- Banking > Re-Discovering Digital Banking: An update on payments modernization, some inside scoop on what’s to come, and ways to protect yourself online
- Disrupting the Sector > A macro-economic update on the COVID impact to not-for-profits & what to look for in 2022 and beyond
We hope you can join us!
Jeff Rowsell – CPA, CA, Senior Manager, Baker Tilly
Benoit Groulx – CPA, CA, Partner, Baker Tilly
Rosa Maria Iuliano – M.Acc, FCPA, FCA, Partner, Baker Tilly
Sylvie Lalonde – Counsel, BLG
Odessa O'Dell – Associate, BLG
Rannella Billy-Ochieng – Economist, RBC Royal Bank
Brandon Gorman – Vice President Treasury & Commercial Cards, RBC Royal Bank and Stephen Miller, Senior Director Cash Management Products, RBC Royal Bank
Roger Heard – Investment Advisor, RBC Dominion Securities and James Kinkaid, Vice President & Portfolio Manager, RBC Dominion Securities
Please RSVP by November 22, 2021. If you have any questions about this event, please email [email protected].
CPD Credit Information
This session will qualify for CPD credits for CPAs and a certificate will be provided for those that request it. Please advise when your register if a certificate will be required.
BC – This course has been accredited for 4.0 hours. Course name: 14th Annual Not for Profit LAB (Legal, Accounting, Banking) Update. Course number: N24112021.
ON – This session is eligible for up to 4.0 Substantive Hours.
QC – Please note, the concept of "recognition" or "accreditation" has been abolished. By doing this, the Barreau is trying to make it easier for lawyers to claim mandatory CLE credits without a formal accreditation process. It is now up to individual lawyers to determine the eligibility of a training activity and to declare the hours in their “Dossier de formation en ligne”.