BLG has launched an insightful resource that discusses the key facets of negotiating and completing an M&A deal—M&A Building Blocks.
This resource features a series of articles that provide an in-depth look into different aspects of M&A transactions from start to finish, such as confidentiality agreements, negotiating deal protections and advising special committees. While the emphasis is on deals involving public companies, BLG's M&A Building Blocks is also applicable to private M&A.
- Introduction to the Deal
- Confidentiality Agreements and Letters of Intent
- Duties of the Board or Special Committee
- Basic Deal Structures
- Dealing with Public Disclosure
- Negotiating Representations, Warranties & Material Adverse Change / Effect Clauses
- Social Issues
- Termination Clauses and Break Fees
- Defensive Tactics - Shareholder Rights Plans
- The tricky bits: Dealing with bondholders, proxy advisory firms and approvals and more
- What you need to know before your proxy fight
For further information, please reach to the authors listed on each publication or to one of the key contacts shown below.