BLG has launched an insightful resource that discusses the key facets of negotiating and completing an M&A deal—M&A Building Blocks.
This resource features a series of articles that provide an in-depth look into different aspects of M&A transactions from start to finish, such as confidentiality agreements, negotiating deal protections and advising special committees. While the emphasis is on deals involving public companies, BLG's M&A Building Blocks is also applicable to private M&A.
- Introduction to the Deal
- Confidentiality Agreements and Letters of Intent
- Duties of the Board or Special Committee
- Basic Deal Structures
- Dealing with Public Disclosure
- Negotiating Representations, Warranties & Material Adverse Change / Effect Clauses
- Social Issues
- Termination Clauses and Break Fees
- Defensive Tactics - Shareholder Rights Plans
- The tricky bits: Dealing with bondholders, proxy advisory firms and approvals and more
For further information, please reach to the authors listed on each publication or to one of the key contacts shown below.