Simon Du Perron specializes in privacy law and technology law. He provides strategic advice to organizations and public bodies on a variety of privacy compliance issues, including:
- Issues raised by legislative privacy reforms;
- Data mapping and compliance programs;
- Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs);
- Digital marketing and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL);
- Responsible use of sophisticated technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data and biometrics.
Simon is frequently invited to speak at conferences and has written several publications on the interaction between positive law and new technologies. He is the author of the book Droit à la vie privée, mégadonnées et intelligence artificielle – Cadre juridique en matière de protection des renseignements personnels (published by LexisNexis Canada).
Prior to joining BLG, Simon completed a Master’s in Information Technology Law and was a research assistant at the Cyberjustice Laboratory of the Université de Montréal.