The complex laws regulating marketing presents serious challenges for companies. These regulations impact everything from loyalty programs to promotional contests to product labeling and packaging. Companies need professional expertise and experience to assist with the legal matters that could affect their bottom line and reputation.
Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals acts for businesses in a number of industries and sectors on a variety of advertising and marketing-related matters. Our lawyers have specialized expertise in competition, intellectual property, consumer protection, corporate and commercial law as well as product-specific and industry-specific laws (such as food, cosmetics, medical devices, drugs, alcohol, textiles, financial services, etc.). We have the knowledge to solve your advertising and marketing concerns, and mitigate potential risks.
We help our clients establish strategic alliances with exclusive marketing and supply agreements, joint promotions, co-branding, merchandising and promotion agreements, to name a few. With a collaborative approach, we work with our clients to achieve the results they need.
We work with organizations in a variety of legal areas regarding advertising and marketing law, including:
- product packaging and labeling
- promotional contests
- gift cards
- loyalty programs
- trademark and copyright infringements
- French language
Our professionals also:
- review labeling and packaging
- review advertisements and promotional contest materials
- negotiate, draft and review marketing and sponsorship agreements
- address false or misleading advertising claims and comparative advertising
- advise on legal and ethical issues related to privacy, anti-spam, consumer protection and advertising to children arising within the context of various advertising and marketing campaigns
- address selling price and defamation issues