Beverly practices exclusively in commodity tax with over 20 years’ experience working with businesses to help them collect and remit Canadian commodity taxes.
Beverly’s areas of expertise includes:
- the Federal Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
- excise tax and duties
- provincial sales taxes
- motive fuel taxes
- insurance premium taxes
- tobacco taxes
- environmental levies
She also handles tax disputes with revenue authorities for clients. This includes:
- dealing with auditors to prevent an assessment from being issued
- filing a Notice of Objection where an assessment is issued
- dealing with collection actions taken by revenue authorities
- assisting with tax litigation
Beverly has many clients in the oil and gas sector and assists non-resident clients looking to do business in Canada. Her combined experience and expertise ensures that BLG’s Commodity Tax Group provides clients with the highest level of service.
Prior to joining BLG, Beverly was employed by Revenue Canada for eight years as a technical interpretation officer and senior auditor, where she developed expertise in the healthcare and not-for-profit sector.
Beverly was leader of a major accounting firm’s commodity tax group in Calgary.