Danielle specializes in estates, trusts and capacity litigation and advisory work.
Danielle represents clients in highly complex issues, involving:
- succession problems and disputes involving private companies
- highly contentious matters involving fiduciaries, including breach of fiduciary duties, fraud and removal of trustees
- mental capacity issues, and substitute decision making (guardianship and powers of attorney), including disputes and advice regarding personal
- care and property issues
- the administration of complex trusts and estates, including court processes such as applications for advice and directions, interpretations and passing of accounts
- aging investors, joint assets, and gifts
- issues involving not-for-profit companies and charitable interests
- professional liability
- multi-jurisdictional issues
Danielle is a trusted advisor to a wide range of clients, including fiduciaries, beneficiaries, financial institutions, corporate trustees, private companies and non-profits/charities/foundations.
Danielle is well-versed in the practises of the Ontario Children’s Lawyer and the Public Guardian and Trustee.
Danielle resolves disputes in a practical and cost effective manner, using alternative dispute mechanisms (mediation) and appears regularly in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, as well as the Ontario Court of Appeal.