Ron practises corporate, commercial and securities law, serving a wide range of Canadian and foreign funds and portfolio managers. With more than 30 years of securities law experience, he has contributed to the growth of a large number of hedge funds in Canada and offshore.
- Extensive experience advising on and assisting with the structuring and creation of hedge funds, private equity funds, alternative investments and other pooled fund products in Canada and offshore.
- Regularly represents and advises investment advisers, dealers and investment fund managers on registration, ongoing legal compliance matters and regulatory audits.
- Advises Canadian and foreign issuers and broker-dealers on the private placement of securities in Canada.
Beyond our Walls
- Member, Alternative Investment Management Association Canada
- Member and Former Co-Chair, Legal, Finance and Compliance Committee, 2003-current
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in Who's Who Legal: Private Funds 2020
- Recognized in every edition of The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory® (Investment Funds and Asset Management) since 2013 and in the 2020 and 2019 editions (Corporate Mid-Market)
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the 2021 edition (and since 2015) of The Best Lawyers in Canada® for Mutual Funds Law
- Recognized in the 2018 edition (and since 2014) of Who's Who Legal: Canada in the area of Private Funds
- Recognized as a 2019 Acritas Star
Bar Admission & Education
- Ontario, 1988
- LLB, (magna cum laude), University of Ottawa, 1986