Diane's responsibilities include:
- Performing title examinations at the Land Register of Québec, the Mining Register and the Register of the Domain of the State
- Searching the appropriate registers for claims, mining leases, mining concessions and leases to mine surface mineral substances
- Assisting in the drafting of deeds to be registered (including deeds of sale, servitudes, discharges and notices of lease)
- Underwriting, negotiating and reviewing title insurance policies
- Performing verifications at municipalities, school boards and governmental authorities
- Preparing drafts of title opinions and due diligence reports
- Coordinating the registration of deeds at the Registry Offices
Diane has worked on major files for the firm, including title examinations for windmill projects, telecommunication sites, private seniors’ residences and regional shopping centres.
Diane has significant experience with land registration regulations and comprehensive knowledge of the Civil Code of Québec in these areas of expertise.
Diane has worked as a paralegal for more than 35 years. She joined BLG in 2005. She was also a registrar at the Land Register, a paralegal in a notary's office and a paralegal in a large Montréal law firm.