As part of BLG’s Beyond Business Immigration Group, Sophie:
- Prepares applications for foreign nationals to work or study in Canada (along with family members, if applicable), as well as for temporary resident visa applications, changes, extensions and restoring temporary resident status to submit to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, the Canada Border Services Agency, and Canadian visa offices abroad;
- Prepares and files Labour Market Impact Assessment applications with Service Canada;
- Prepares and files applications for Certificat d’acceptation du Québec with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisaton et de l’Intégration du Québec
- Prepares permanent residence applications through spousal sponsorship and for Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) holders; and
- Prepares CSQ applications with the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration du Québec).
She assists clients in all aspects of the Canadian immigration process, specializing in temporary foreign worker applications.
Prior to joining BLG, Sophie worked as an immigration officer at the border in Lacolle, Québec.