Patrice is a partner in BLG's Construction Group. He acts on matters related to infrastructure and construction law, such as call for tender issues, conformity, bonds, professional liability, legal hypothecs and construction-related insurance issues.
Patrice acts for clients involved in major infrastructure projects. He litigates claims for additional compensation and other complex litigation before the civil courts, in arbitration and before dispute resolution boards. Patrice also assists clients in negotiating construction or service contracts in both the private and public sectors, and preparing risk management and risk prevention programs.
Patrice is regularly invited to speak at the various conferences delivered to the construction industry.
Beyond our Walls
- Vice-President, Executive Committee of the Canadian Bar Association, Civil Litigation and Insurance section, Quebec division
- Member, AFG board (Association des firmes de génie du Québec)
- Fellow, Canadian College of Construction Lawyers
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Construction Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Legal Affairs Committee of the Quebec Engineers Association
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized in the 2023 edition (and since 2009) of Best Lawyers in Canada® (Construction Law). Also recognized in the 2023 edition (and since 2011) (Legal Malpractice Law) and in the 2022 edition (Public Procurement Law). Recognize also in 2023 as Lawyer of the Year.
- Recognized in the 2023 edition of Lexpert/American Lawyer Guide to the Leading 500 Lawyers in Canada.
- Recognized in the 2022 edition (and since 2020) (Litigation: Commercial Insurance) of The Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory and in the 2022 (and since 2013) editions (Construction Law).
- Recognized in the 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019 and 2017 edition of Benchmark Canada – The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys as a “Local Litigation Star: Québec” and a “Litigation Star: Construction, Insurance.” Also recognized in the 2016 edition as a “Future Star: Québec”
- Recognized in the 2020 edition of The Lexpert®/ROB Special Edition on Canada’s Leading Infrastructure Lawyers.
Bar Admission & Education
- Québec, 1996
- LLB, Université de Montréal, 1995