Grace has a taxation of investment funds practice, where she advises funds, their managers and sub-advisers. Her experience includes:
- Structuring new products;
- Investment fund mergers, wind-ups and qualifying dispositions;
- Transfer pricing;
- Registered plans; and
- FATCA & CRS due diligence and reporting.
In her taxation of executive compensation practice, Grace is involved in all aspects of the design and implementation of tax-effective executive compensation plans for public and private employers. This includes:
- stock option plans
- share appreciation rights
- share bonus and share purchase plans
- restricted share unit (RSU) plans
- deferred share unit (DSU) plans
- performance-based medium and long-term incentive plans
Grace is an active member of the Taxation Working Groups of the Investment Funds Institute of Canada, the Canadian ETF Association and the Portfolio Management Association of Canada and has assisted them with submissions on investment funds industry issues to the Department of Finance and the Ontario Ministry of Finance. She also advises taxpayers in disputes with the Canada Revenue Agency.