Michael leads BLG deal teams on corporate finance, governance, disclosure, transaction structuring, public listing, and M&A matters in the energy, technology, psychedelics, cannabis and renewable energy industries.
Michael represents public and private issuers and financers in public and private debt and equity financings, mergers & acquisitions, and corporate governance matters.
Michael is a board member and committee chair for various companies and has worked in BLG's securities and capital markets group for 12 years.
- META Growth Corp. in its $10MM financing and $80MM merger with High Tide Inc. in 2020
- Energy services company in its $21MM M&A acquisition in 2020
- Sansero Life Sciences Inc. in its merger with CannaGlobal Canada Co Inc., and private placement financing, in 2020
- ResolvMD Inc. in respect of its convertible debenture financing, common share financing and medical software company acquisition in 2020
- Energy services company in its $33MM debt financing in 2020
- Psygen Labs Inc. in its private placements and $9MM merger to become Psygen Industries Ltd. in 2020
- LaSanta Botanicals Ltd. in its private equity financing in 2020
- Token Naturals Ltd. in its private placement financings in 2020
- Habitat Life Sciences Inc. in its convertible debenture financing in 2020
Beyond Our Walls
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Volunteer, BLG Reads to Kids Program
- Member, BLG’s Student Committee
- Board Member and advisor to various companies and NPOs in Alberta
Bar Admission & Education
- Alberta, 2009
- LLB, University of Alberta, 2008
- BComm, University of Calgary, 2005