Navigating the web of international and domestic laws and regulations, local customs and market practices to accomplish your capital markets goals can be a challenge.
You need a trusted legal advisor so that you can respond to new capital markets initiatives, conventions and standards at the governmental, regulatory and market participant levels.
Our team has strong technical expertise across Canada, the United States and Europe, combined with specialized industry expertise and experience advising on some of the largest, most innovative and complex debt capital market transactions globally. Our unique perspective allows us to adapt to our clients’ international and domestic needs and to offer broad, novel strategies and solutions.
Our representative areas include:
- medium-term notes
- Euro medium-term notes
- government debt securities
- contingent convertibles and exchangeable debt securities
- commercial paper and asset-backed commercial paper
- credit-linked debt securities
- asset-backed securities
- high-yield debt
- certificated securities
- Islamic finance
Our work includes the following debt securities:
- rated and unrated
- private placements (non-U.S. and U.S.)
- distributed in Canada, the U.S., U.K., continental Europe, Russia, the CIS and Asia
- listed on stock exchanges in Canada, New York, London, Ireland, the Channel Islands and Luxembourg
We support clients across all types of international and domestic debt capital markets transactions, including:
- global investment banks
- rating agencies