The changing economic and legal landscape presents unique challenges for private companies. Whether you are starting up or are an established business, you need professional expertise and industry experience to ensure positive outcomes. Even common issues such as making acquisitions or expanding into new territory requires the utmost attention and backing of a skilled legal team.
We act as advocates for a variety of private companies in every aspect of a business’ life cycle. Our team collaborates with clients to overcome complexities and navigate challenging provincial and federal regulatory frameworks.Our team provides you with the support to prevent costly settlements or reputational damage. Whether your challenge involves mergers and acquisitions, incorporation, joint ventures or borrowings, our lawyers have the experience to achieve the best outcomes.
With relationships across the sector, we assist entrepreneurs, start-ups and established businesses. To best support our clients, we collaborate with practices across the firm to provide the insights needed for success.
Our lawyers can help with:
- establishing and organizing your business, corporation or partnership
- negotiating or preparing shareholder, joint venture and partnership agreements
- financing, including venture capital, private placements, corporate borrowings and project financing
- provincial and federal business regulatory requirements
- foreign and international business needs
- purchase of intellectual property matters
- corporate governance